Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Morning Routines

So you want to write a book, eh?! 

Well, you know all about characterization by now, but here is some more fun ways to add a little more layers.  At some point in your novel, your character may wake up and need a morning routine and I have three fun sites that will reveal some interesting personality traits.  (Not sure how accurate they are, but they are entertaining).






I'll start with my favorite site -  How you cook your toast says a lot about you - and give a summary.

Burnt toast = patient people

Perfect pack = motivated by appearances and high standards

Light = spontaneous.

You get the idea and it makes some sense, but for more detail check out
www.then.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/how-you-cook-your-toast-says-a-lot-about-you

Next, dress it up baby.  I could have a lot of fun with this topic, but I think I'd bore my readers.  Thus, here's a sample run down.

You are what you wear - Dr. Baumgartner

Always in work clothes - you value yourself in terms of work
Logos and labels - broadcast your wealth to be treated well
Neutral colors - stuck in a rut or not want to draw attention to self
Baggy clothes - not realistic perception of self

For more check out:
www.forbes.com/sits/learnvest/2012/04/05/what-your-clothes-say-about-you

Okay this last one came up on facebook and I thought it was funny, inappropriate, but funny. 

What body part do you wash first in the shower? What it says about your personality?

Chest = practical
Face = money
Armpits = dependable
Hair = artistic

There's more and I don't agree with it all, but it was worth a laugh and could make for some interesting YA characters.

Check out more at your own risk at:
http://1003thepeak.iheart.com/onair/ryan-800/what-body-part-do-you-wash

I think with some more research and maybe just plain observations, you can find some pretty entertaining morning routines to make your characters extra special.  Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment