Monday, December 10, 2012

The Curious Lives of Teenagers: Secret Wish

 

When asked "If I could grant you one wish, what would it be?" subjects responded as follows:
  • adventure
  • a hot air balloon
  • to be completely comfortable with myself
  • confidence in myself
  • to fly in a wingsuit
  • to lose weight
  • to be successful
  • a boyfriend
  • Vandy or Northwestern
  • to be healed of my anger and hurt
  • Atwin
  • to make my dad proud of my accomplishments in life now and in the future
  • to travel to enchanting places all over the world
  • to be confident in myself and my decisions
  • to be successful, so I can take care of my parents when they are older like they took care of me
  • a boyfriend & a kitten that never turns into a cat
  • to just be done with high school
  • that someone will find a cure for cancer
  • mo' money!
  • to be content with the things that make up my life. I want to be happy.
  • to be good at something
  • to travel the world, under the sea, and travel space. I want to see the future and undiscovered places
  • to bake a cake full of rainbows and smiles so we all can be happy
  • for cancer to not exist
  • that my family wasn't broken
  • to live a life I'm happy with. I want to be rich in life rather than rich in money
  • to do what I want and not worry about the money I would earn
  • to make a difference; to live not just exist
  • an A+ on the Crime and Punishment essay
  • ***(name of female student in class)
  • ***(name of male student in class)
  • world peace
  • my parents to trust and support my actions
  • my family to stop stressing and to finally call somewhere home...
  • stay in my home town
  • a 70 inch TV that replays Paquiao getting knocked out by Marquez over my bed
  • snow on Christmas
  • to go to the 2016 Rio de Janiero Olympics
  • everyone to be happy
  • to live on a private island with all of my friends and family
  • to be able to look back on my life and know that I made a positive and lasting impact on the world around me

*Subjects are honors and AP English students (many of them avid pleasure readers) at a public high school in coastal north county San Diego.

1 comment: